About the position
Lineage is seeking an Account Director to lead and strengthen client relationships, spearhead insight-driven strategies, and foster the professional development of the Agency team. This is a senior-level position that reports directly to the CEO. Therefore, we’re looking for a candidate with at least 6 years of agency experience and a history of growing accounts, leading successful campaigns, and managing personnel.
The Account Director will maintain relationships with our clients and partners, acting as the filter that translates their stated needs into effective solutions. They must be able to develop strategies derived from knowledge, experience, and familiarity with current and emerging trends. A deep understanding of the digital marketing and advertising space should be evident, as should a keen interest in the future of the industry.
This person will also manage Agency staff, guide their output, assess their skills, and identify areas for improvement—all with an eye to delivering consistent, quality work that achieves client goals. Ultimately, the Account Director must answer for all work delivered to clients under their leadership. They will also be accountable for the growth and success of the entire team.
Our ideal candidate comes from an agency account service background, has a track record of managing personnel, and can identify growth opportunities within individuals and groups. Most importantly, the Account Director must be able to deliver results for our clients, both through their own work and the ability to motivate a team.
- Act as key stakeholder and account leader for our clients, direct Agency work that fulfills client objectives, and maintain overall client satisfaction.
- Synthesize client conversations, background materials, and stated goals into action items for the Agency team.
- Brief senior leadership and other Lineage staff on client needs and our plans to fulfill them. Provide guidance on how to meet client expectations company-wide.
- Develop high-level strategies derived from industry insights and category expertise.
- Identify and help sell incremental campaign opportunities that will help clients achieve more efficient returns, whether or not it’s time to renew.
- Contribute to business development efforts and new client pitches.
- Lead conversations on renewal and expansion of our services.
- Retain business by delivering outstanding work and above-and-beyond client service.
- Direct a team of strategists, planners, and creatives; lead activities that achieve in-market results.
- Inspire, mentor, and motivate Agency staff to provide best-in-class marketing solutions.
- Contribute to the career growth of team members by assessing their skills, identifying areas of improvement, and offering professional development opportunities.
- Hold Account Managers and Coordinators accountable for performance. Help facilitate their work by providing guidance and assistance as needed.
- Provide both positive and constructive feedback rooted in client objectives and industry standards.
- Develop creative briefs and assignments that enable Agency staff to act decisively and produce outputs according to clear objectives.
- Manage expectations, timelines, and budgets, both internally and externally.
- Facilitate trust with open, transparent communication.
- Devise and enact solutions to resolve conflict and address ambiguity.
- Motivate and guide team members to fulfill their personal goals.
- Collaborate with the leaders of other teams to streamline our processes and improve our output.
- Develop POVs, tracking documents, and reports to help meet annual goals and objectives.
- Work with Operations and Finance to assign internal resources to accounts.
- Fulfill assignments centered around operational and internal initiatives as provided by the Leadership team.
- Contribute to the growth and stability of Lineage by making decisions that are in the company’s short- and long-term best interest.
- Provide thought leadership centered around increasing agency revenue.
- 6-8 years of brand marketing or agency experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work background
- Well-developed client management, team leadership, and general interpersonal skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong salesmanship; can develop and lead presentations with authority and magnetism
- Thorough understanding of brand strategy and marketing best practices, both for Fortune 500 brands and small businesses
- Self-directed work ethic
- Ability to produce well-written and persuasive decks and other pitch collateral, independently and in accordance with high company standards
- Ability to perform the duties of Agency staff at a replacement level or better
- Strong instincts for strategy, insight development, and data-driven analysis
- Equally strong instincts for creative problem-solving and idea brainstorming
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without sacrificing deadlines, budgets, or quality of work
- Independence, autonomy, and effective leadership under pressure
- Experience leading new business efforts and winning pitches
- History of producing measurable positive outcomes for clients
- Proven track record of leading and growing large accounts
- Results-orientation and willingness to improve processes