New Business Director
About the position
Lineage is seeking a New Business Director to spearhead new business strategy, develop a thriving account pipeline, and represent the agency as the first point of contact for potential clients. This is a senior-level position. Therefore, we’re looking for a candidate with at least 6 years of sales experience in an agency setting and a history of creating successful growth strategies and securing and developing brand partnerships.
The New Business Director will foster relationships with new clients and partners, as well as managing existing C-suite relationships. They must have a nuanced understanding of the advertising landscape and be able to identify market white space to devise nimble strategies for brand development. Exemplary candidates will not only exhibit advanced communication skills when interacting with prospective clients but will also communicate clearly internally to identify sales objectives and translate them into plans for targeting particular sectors, types of work, and individual clients.
Our ideal candidate comes from an agency sales background, has a track record of managing personnel, and can identify growth opportunities within individuals and groups. Most importantly, the New Business Director must be able to deliver results.
- Develop nimble, data-driven new business strategies to promote and represent the company.
- Use data analytics to target prospective clients with personalized messaging and solutions.
- Build an individual book of business.
- Inspire, mentor, and motivate junior salespeople through actions and results.
- Work with internal teams to develop and refine sales and marketing materials including, decks, showcases, case studies, etc.
- Synthesize client conversations, background materials, and stated goals into action items and briefs for pitch development.
- Manage new lead capture process; assess and prioritize opportunities in alignment with company targets and objectives.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to translate company objectives and targets into annual plans for cultivating a desired client list.
- Facilitate trust with open, transparent communication.
- 6-8+ years of sales experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work background
- Experience leading new business efforts and winning pitches
- Well-developed client management, team leadership, and general interpersonal skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong salesmanship; can develop and lead presentations with authority and magnetism
- Thorough understanding of brand strategy and marketing best practices, both for Fortune 500 brands and small businesses
- Self-directed work ethic
- Ability to produce well-written and persuasive decks and other pitch collateral, independently and in accordance with high company standards
- Ability to perform the duties of sales staff at a replacement level or better
- Strong instincts for strategy, insight development, and data-driven analysis
- Equally strong instincts for creative problem-solving and idea brainstorming
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without sacrificing deadlines, budgets, or quality of work
- Results-orientation and willingness to improve processes